Australian High Commission

Services for Australians

Services for Australians Overseas

What we can and cannot do

Assisting Australians overseas within limits

Travel information for Australians

Get the latest travel advisories and other traveller hints from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Consular fees




From 1 July 2015 no mailed in passport applications will be accepted.
All applications must be lodged in person.
From 1 July 2015, the cost of an Australian passport lodged overseas will increase by AUD100 (adult) or AUD50 (children).

Apply for a passport online 

Passports fees

On-line registration for Australians overseas

We encourage use of this online registration service by Australians planning to reside overseas for extended periods, and those travelling to locations where there are security risks.

Living in Nigeria

Former residents

A gateway to information about Australian benefits, payments and services 

Returning to Australia

Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.



Centrelink International Services

Centrelink is the Australian Government agency responsible for the delivery of social welfare payments to eligible customers who are outside of Australia for 13 weeks or more. Please see the Centrelink website for more information.